Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Coastal Redwoods Revisited

It only took us 745 miles of driving, roughly two days (not including two nights at Clear Lake with Baileys and Steeds), at least 6 movies, innumerable threats, several seat changes, and months of planning, but we made it up to the Redwoods to meet Lee's sister and family. The weather was very cool, but for the most part sunny, and the kids had a wonderful time hiking, climbing on rocks and redwoods, riding bikes in the campground, and getting extremely dirty. Lee and I were close to nervous breakdowns a few times, but managed to leave the trip without any permanent mental damage.Finding a GeoCache out at Patrick's Point. It was shoved way, way back in those rocks.


Picnicking at Prairie Creek, where, unfortunately, Grayson wasn't the least bit interested in a long hike. After Prairie Creek, we, of course, had to trek out to Fern Canyon so that we could recreate a family tradition. It was getting later in the day, and Carissa was not at all excited about a hike through the gorgeous canyon. She didn't want any part of it, in fact. So, I felt it my duty to record the ordeal for posterity.








" I don't want to go!"

" I hate Fern Canyon!" " I'm not walking there!""Why do we have to go here!!!""I'm waiting here!"
Derek, on the other hand, had a very different outlook on the whole outing.THere were sticks,
and rocks to throw, and strams to crosswhich he almost did without getting wet. Almost.But ultimately, everyone had a great time, and everyone wanted to stay longer!


2 comments:

Ali said...

I want to go too! I love Fern Canyon and Patricks Point! Glad you guys had a good time.

Snooze said...

The most important thing is that you recorded the tantrum.