Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snowy Christmastime

We made it through night one of the deep freeze - it was only 24 degrees. Lisa and Emily Steed on the other hand are snowed in and Greg can't get home. They have over two feet of snow and the old neighbor with the snowplough died last spring! Lisa says she is fine but lonely.

Tonight is our last very cold night for this storm. Only one person on the block had a freeze break in a water line but several had frozen lines that cut off their water supply for the early morning hours. I love it when the street is covered with snow and the traffic lanes overlap.

Mom is hard at work getting stuff ready for the big ward dinner on Friday. Somehow the Christmas lights look better with all of the snow on the roof and the ground.


I snapped this photo just after six pm and it was already below thirty degrees. I almost went down on my keester when I slipped on the ice as I picked my way down the driveway. This one looks cool enlarged. Tonight it is hard to imagine the summer heatwave that we shared back in July. I hope everyone is staying warm.

4 comments:

Ali said...

I still can't believe how much snow this storm dumped. The trees look amazing with all the snow on them. It sure does make it feel like Christmas!

Snooze said...

What a pretty sight. I love the way the lights glow in the snow. Wish I could be there to see it.

Sara said...

Lucky! The kids wish they were there, but Derek says that if we had to sleep in the trailer he would, "get in the car and drive home."

Erin said...

I wish I was there!!