Tuesday, May 11, 2010

6 years Already???

We had a birthday boy on May 2! Derek was so excited to wear the special crown and bring cupcakes for his classmates, even though it was a couple of days before the big event. This is Jimmy, who is Derek's best buddy at school. His Mom told me that before they became BFF's, Jimmy would cry almost every day. But now he looks forward to seeing Derek. From what I gather, their relationship is based primarily on Pokemon.
Part of the kindergarten posse.
On Saturday, for his birthday activity, Derek chose to go to the park for "...baseball, hiking, and climbing trees."


Then it was onto Islands for his choice of birthday dinner. He chose an adult-size cheeseburger with a basket of fries and bottomless Sprite. And yes, he polished it all off.
On Sunday, for his actual birthday, we enjoyed cake and ice cream with friends. He decorated the cake and enjoyed all the attention very much!

Turning 6 was never so much fun!!

3 comments:

Mireille said...

Happy Birthday Derek! I can't believe how fast 6 years has gone by either! I still remember that chubby faced baby with the big dimple chin. He's SO HANDSOME now. We miss you Derek!

Ali said...

Isn't that Jimmy - the one who told Derek he is Irish? Hmmm. Happy Birthday Derek! What a fun birthday celebration. And, are you sure he was posing with his classmates - he appears to be an entire head taller than ALL of them!

Snooze said...

My goodness he has grown up... I can't believe it. Seriously, 6 years? Already?? Looks like it was an awesome birthday. Sorry I am totally lame and didn't even mention it when I was there on Friday. UGHH!! I'm a horrible aunt. But happy birthday anyway DEREK!