Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Creation

On Sunday we had our traditional "Sunday night Birthday Celebration" with our friends, this time celebrating Carissa's 10th birthday. I would have taken pictures of all the fun, but I was a little occupied making pasta dinner for 24 people (yes- 24 people in our tiny house), and I didn't get the camera out until dessert. However, I am extremely pleased with myself and the cake I made. I tried to re-create the Cheesecake Factory's Red Velvet cheesecake. For a first try, I thought it came out really well. It was especially good for breakfast the next morning.

And yes, that is a shoe on the counter next to the cake, placed by Grayson a split second before taking the picture. ( He wanted to go outside, apparently and needed help with his shoes.)








Two layers of homemade form scratch red velvet cake, with a homemade cheesecake in the middle, covered with cream cheese frosting and topped with shaved white chocolate. Delicious!

2 comments:

Snooze said...

Oh. Barbie.
I think I need some of that.. I am impressed! It is beautiful. And I believe I would like the recipe.

When I first saw the title of your post, I thought Brett had posted something about the baby, "my creation" hahahaha!!!!

kirk and carrie said...

I thought this was a baby post, too! Ha!

Sara, this looks amazing. I am tempted to lick the computer screen. It looks good enough to drive all the way to your house with a screaming Wes in the back seat. I think rich blessings would be in store for you if I got this recipe :)