Thursday, November 8, 2007

Zoo - Depressing or Fun?

Paige had her first experience with the Sacramento Zoo on Wednesday. It is a relatively small zoo, so we were able to easily see all of the animals.
Paige was ver intersted as to whose jeans were in the monkey enclosure, and how they got there. You can see the two sad monkeys sitting on the ground eating their onions and lettuce.

That thing that looks like a ball of dredlocked hair sitting on the rock is actually a HUGE orangutan. The hair/fur/locks on that thing were really long, and its face was probably 3 feet wide. No joke.

Sleeping Ben, Mom and Paige on the train. That is the way to see the park! We got driven around by our "engineer" and enjoyed the coziness of the small train cars. It was the highlight of Paige's day!
Gramma Shanna came with us and got to push the stroller! It was a great, tiring, educational, and fun day!





3 comments:

Snooze said...

is that like the 93 rock 'Stupid or Neat' segment?
haha. Hey, remember when we visited the Bronx zoo (that I was dying to see as a 15 year old) and winter was just ending, and it a depressed, gray, smelly place? All the animals looked tired, bored, and/or mentally ill, and stressed by all the ghetto kids banging on the glass. I realized then how much zoos really suck. But I've been to some other good zoos since then. Yippee! The Zoo!!

Ali said...

I can hardly remember what it was like at the Bronx Zoo. I do remember that is was gray and depressing, and hardly anyone was there. I do remember this though, "Excuse me! We say Excuse me in the Bronx!" SCARY!!!!

Snooze said...

ha ha! Yeah, that lady yelled at me right in front of Homeboy 2000.