Sunday, October 12, 2008

Blue Angels in SF

It was Fleet Week in San Francisco this weekend and that means Blue Angels flying over my house! I don't know what it is about Fleet Week, but we always get the most beautiful weather on this weekend. It must be that God loves patriots and the military. Anyway, I went up on the roof to watch (along with everyone else in my neighborhood) and tried to take some pictures. It was hard to get great pictures with my pathetic little camera, but there are a few here that show how close they got. One of them flew directly over my roof at one point and it was LOUD, but very cool. You should all come next year.










You can view more pics here: http://gallery.me.com/erin73#100081

**LATE BREAKING NEWS**
I just went outside to the top of Russian Hill to watch a fire burning on Angel Island. It started at about 9pm and when I went outside at a little after 10pm, it had already engulfed most of the southeast side. I stood there and watched it with a bunch of other people in the street for about 45 minutes. My friend brought his telescope out and we could see some pretty massive flames and exploding trees. We'll see how bad it really is in the morning. I tried to take a picture but it didn't come out very clear.
This is at Leavenworth and Green Street, looking north towards Alcatraz with Angel Island burning behind it.


A better picture from the Chronicle.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Did you photoshop those pictures? The sky looks so BLUE! And I have to say the Chronicle picture looks a little bit better than yours. Sorry.

Sara said...

Can we all come to "The Danger Zone" next year?? I would love to let the kids see that; they love loud, flying things.

kirk and carrie said...

When I was little my family used to go to airshows and I loved seeing the Blue Angels. I mean LOVED seeing them, they're so entertaining. It gave me a chill! I'm coming next year.

Snooze said...

you live in the coolest place ever. But the fire I guess is not so cool.