Thursday, October 2, 2008

Paint Job or I Left My Dropcloths in San Francisco

Erin and I spent a lovely day together on Wednesday when we painted her closet, err...... I mean her bedroom! I had to drop Mom and Dad off at the airport, so I figured I was pretty much half way to SF so why not? And I was cruising SOLO! That's right - no kids!
Here is the before shot - ewwwwww. (Actually it wasn't that bad - I just did that for the effect.) Erin goes over our checklist before we head off to Home Depot. Funny story - the lady at HD thought we were lesbians. What is the deal? That is like the 2nd time in our lives we have been mistaken for lesbians! We're sisters, OK!!!! It must be my butch hair cut...
Erin looks so happy to be painting. It was a beautiful day in the Bay, and with a view like this, I wasn't complaining. That's the Golden Gate Bridge, folks!!!
And the after shot. Her room isn't acutally that small, but it is close. Hopefully Erin will post a picture when she is done moving in!

2 comments:

momsteed said...

Good work, sisters! I like the color. New paint will sweeten the down-sizing thing. And it will be easier to clean off the smudges on the wall from when you are trying to turn around, Erin! Just kidding, of course! Thanks for posting, Ali. We'll send some Denver pics today after our fall colors drive.

Mireille said...

Very nice! How did you know the Home Depot lady thought you were lesbos?