Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Day at the Strawberry Farm- or Teaching Children the Value of Education

Last week was our annual trek to Moorpark, to Underwood Family Farms, to pick strawberries. This is one of our favorite spring outings, and we usually go with one of our Co-op classes. The kids get to take a tractor ride out to the fields.

Then we each pick about a pound of strawberries. ALthough I'm sure it's unhealthy in some way (although I'm fairly certain they said these were non-pesticide strawbs), we eat as many as we can handle while we're out there. Surprisingly, Grayson did this most of the time.

Derek was excited to fill his carton!
Grasyon spent a lot of the time squatting and eating.



Then it was back to the rest of the farm for hay bales, dirty animals and tractor climbing! Yee haw! And you thought we couldn't get down on the farm in LA!




3 comments:

Ali said...

Glad to see Derek's "Popeye Smile" is still making the rounds. I love Underwood Family Farms and the Strawberry Fields!

kirk and carrie said...

Nothing says excited to pick strawberries like the Popeye smile.

Please tell me Grayson chewed those. I can't look at asparagus the same since Lee told me Grayson was swallowing them whole.

Looks like a lot of fun!

momsteed said...

What fun! Grayson looks to be in heaven. The last time the kids went berry picking with me at the bushes by the railroad tracks, I think we came home only with stained faces and buckets---no berries!