Friday, April 17, 2009

Monterey Bay Aquarium-Revised Spring Break

After having our long-anticipated "first spring break ever" trip cancelled due to "injury", we decided to head up to Monterey anyway since we had all been looking forward to that so much. We knew we could drag Lee around in a wheel chair for the day and that, other than his pride, it wouldn't injure him further. One great thing about being"handicapped" is that you get to go to the front of all lines, ppl open doors for you, everyone looks like they feel really sorry for you, and you have a good place to put all your stuff. Other than that- it pretty much stinks.There was so much to see and do. We literally spent the entire day there and the kids never tired of it all. It was an absolutely gorgeous Monterey day. We even got Lee out for some fresh sea air.Derek loved the sharks, especially, but doing the stamping craft in the otter exhibit was fun, too! Without a doubt, we spent the most time at the "big tank", watching sharks, Yellowfin Tuna, schools of sardines, sea rays, etc. swim around and around. It was a pleasure for me, considering that last time we were here, Derek was about 3 weeks old, and I spent the entire time in this room nursing him.
Lee mostly had to sit at the back of the room at all the exhibits while I took pictures of him.
I think he got tired of me taking pictures and laughing. I also think the other museum patrons thought I was a heartless wench.
Hey! He made it out of the chair!!!



Grayson pooped out at about 4pm in the seahorse exhibit where we got to see male sea horses giving birth. Yikes!! What a perfect resting spot. Hopefully Lee will recover quickly and this will be our last "wheelchair post".

3 comments:

Ali said...

I just had flashbacks to the Mini Jazz Races and visits to Gold Country. I wish we could have gone with you guys - looks like it was a fabulous time!

kirk and carrie said...

Next time I go to an aquarium or anywhere there are lines I'm going to wear a knee brace so I get the "wheelchair treatment" too. Seriously, no waiting in lines + sympathy + a chair to sit in while all the suckers around you have to stand = awesome.

Snooze said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Too bad Lee's chair didn't have a horn so he could make others to get out of his way. I'm glad you all had a nice time and came to my house afterward!!!!