Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hot! Hot! Hot!

Just a little post from Pvlle. Nothing much happening---Kev is still working for Eric Miller, bless his heart-----Dad and I planted a little garden. I'm posting some pictures from Clarksville Day last week and some from Kev's open house that didn't get posted. Clarksville, if I haven't already told you, is an old settlement just off Hwy. 50 as you pass El Dorado Hills headed east. It is on private property, but for the last three years has been opened to the public for one day. It was kind of cool------what is left of businesses and houses clustered around a remnant of the Lincoln Highway of 1913 or so. We found that one of the remaining houses is the Albert Griggs house--we never knew that he lived there! So, here ya go:

One of the three remaining walls of the 1850's Wells Fargo Office
Dad admiring an old Ford

Ben was desperate to take a picture. I think he has promise as a photographer!

Old timey music with some very accomplished musicians, including Cowboy Dave.
No pictures of the pony express riders---they were punks!


4 comments:

Snooze said...

I'm glad to see The Prospector also made it to Clarksville Day to play in the band.

Ali said...

That's Cowboy Hay! He used to be a janitor at PHS. He plays a mean washboard, I tell you what!

momsteed said...

Oooops---I called him Cowboy Dave. Thanks Ali. And as Jenny Rutherford ( the violin player) told me, Cowboy Hay now lives in West Virginia and make a once-per-year trip west, playing gigs and making enough to support himself and his wife. So washboard on, Cowboy Hay!

Snooze said...

Oh, excuse me - Cowboy Hay! Cowboy Dave sounds like a much younger, more clean-shaven chap.