Friday, July 3, 2009

They call me the Glass Man...

So, here are some pictures of my thumb! I broke it playing capture the flag last saturday evening. It was the first game and first tag of the game, so that sucked! Anyway, I had someone drop me off at the Emergency room which is like 5 minute walk from my apartment. When the doctor, Dr. Hooker, came to examine me after the x-rays, he was like, "Have you ever broken your thumb before?" And so I went onto explain about my condition of enchondroma and he was extremely relieved, because they didn't know what was going with my thumb and the weird density of my thumb bone. They were afraid I might have had cancer, but didn't want to just blurt it out. Anyway, its slowly healing...I think. Here are the pics!

The first day it was MASSIVE! Especially the first joint!
I took these today, a week after it broke... still pretty swollen.

Nasty fat thumb!



My hand is all wrinkled from the duck tape cast I put on it to go swimming!
My "cast/eating utensil" Mmmmm... lower cholesterol!
"So good!"

3 comments:

Ali said...

Were you in that movie "Unbreakable"? If so it should have been called "Breakable". Ba-dump-dump...

But seriously that thumb is wack. I hope it heals. What's with the Steed Boys and their finger problems? (note: Kirks pointer finger)

Snooze said...

Ooouuuuchh.

Nice use of duct tape though.

Sara said...

Kev- do you need a dry-pro waterproof cast cover like Carissa's? It feels alot better coming off than duct tape.

Hope you get that thing better soon!