Monday, March 15, 2010

Carrie's Shower

Carrie's baby shower was on Saturday and it was wonderful! The Beatty girls really know how to throw a shower - the food, the cake, the treats - it was all amazing!

Check out this spread.  I'm glad I came hungry because this food was delicious.  Sooo tasty.  Everything tasted so fresh and so yummy.

The chocolate on chocolate cake that Allison made was SO good.  The polka dots were adorable too!

Cute little baby boy clothes on the line...

Carrie is looking good, isn't she?  I can't believe she has less than four weeks - FOUR WEEKS!

Kirk even got his own present at the shower.  Yes, it's a murse (man-purse) but the cool thing is that Carrie's sister Mary had it screen printed with "Them Crooked Vultures" (Kirk's fave band).  Pretty cool, eh?

Carrie opens the present from the Steed girls - what a surprise - an Ergo Baby Carrier! (She knew it was coming, but played it off well...)


I wish everyone could have come and enjoyed the shower - it was a lovely day!  I can't wait for little Albert Magnus Franklin Walter Steed to make his appearance!

2 comments:

Mireille said...

That does look fun! Wish I could have been there too. Good Luck Carrie! I'm glad that you're so optimistic!

kirk and carrie said...

Thanks for rep'n the Steed women, Ali! It was a lot of fun :)

I love, love, love the carrier! I tried it on my sister and put different sized children in it (in different positions) just to try it out. Very cool.

Also, I kinda look like I am literally holding a ball/balloon under my shirt in that one picture. Weird.