Friday, October 29, 2010

SLO Gran Fondo

The serial hobbyist strikes again... We all need to give Tyler a big slap on the back for completing the SLO Gran Fondo century (100 Miles!!). I think he deserves extra credit for not dropping out after seeing how good the surf was when he rode by Moonstone Beach.

We showed up at the San Luis Mission just in time to watch him come in. Here he is, with all of the other old dudes in bike shorts (seriously, who is behind the design of some of these shorts??).

"Go Cutters!!!!" (yes, there is meaning behind the name as I discovered lastnight, thank you Dennis Quaid). And check out the diverse local sponsors. I especially like the aptly-placed Gastroenterology sponsor.

Dirty, smelly, and ready for a hot meal.

This little guy enjoyed the bluegrass band after the race. I was just glad that his shoe turned up. Dang velcro...

But back to the old dudes: I think cycling is more of a mature person's sport, simply because it is so time consuming and the equipment is so prohibitively expensive that you kind of have to be an older guy with money to be a part of the snobbery that is road biking (no offense Tyler).

Yay! 100 miles!

3 comments:

Ali said...

Nice job Tyler! Go Cutters!

ps - I've seen that movie! I always remember them swimming in that huge quarry-pond thing.

Sara said...

Come to think of it- every cyclist I see when I'm running IS an old dude!!
But Tyler's not old- just dedicated!

Erin said...

Awesome Dr Wilson! I'm very impressed. And Sus, as much as I love to see pictures of Tyler in his spandex, can you please post more pictures of Caleb?