Monday, June 4, 2007

The Ragin' River

I took some friends rafting on May 19th and 26th. The first weekend we got a great flow. It was 3500 cfs and it was a perfect level for the gorge. The weather was also beautiful and we didn't need to wear wetsuits, which was great.

This is us going through Satan's Cesspool. I think 3500 is the prime level for Satan's. So fun!



The next weekend, I took another 6 friends down the lower, but we didn't luck out with the high flows like the previous weekend. We only got about 1600 cfs, but we still had fun. Here's a picture of us before we put in at Beaver Point.


On the way back to Coloma, we got a flat tire on the van. It was not so fun. Fortunately, I had some guys who were willing to get dirty and change the tire.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Love the face you are making in the Satan's pictures Erin! Classic guide pose. I have the theme song from some 80s movie running through my head. Rockin'!

Erin said...

Thanks Ali. I think I was singing "Eye of the Tiger".