Friday, January 29, 2010

Caleb Turns ONE!!!

Caleb celebrated his first birthday on January 21st, but we waited until Saturday to have the official One-Year Birthday party with Grandma and Grandpa Wilson.

We started off with a few presents...

And lots of balloons..



Then it was cake time (yes, I'm aware that I screwed up the "1").




He wasn't quite sure about what to do with his slice of cake at first. He squeezed it and eventually tasted it, and when he realized that it was frosted with whipped cream, he really went for it.


The blueberries were a little sour though.




Once the cake was mostly destroyed, we put a scoop of strawberry ice cream on the tray, and he REALLY loved that.


And then threw it on the floor.



All in all, a good birthday!!!


I also put together a little video, mostly for my own enjoyment, with snippets of our first moments together and his first two days of life (in the hospital), to remember the special day a year ago that we became a family. He was definitely the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, and he still is.

Happy birthday, little one!


4 comments:

Ali said...

I think I'm going to cry just remembering the first moment I walked into the hospital room and saw you holding Caleb. He was a beautiful, perfect, precious little guy! We love you Caleb! Happy Birthday!

Mireille said...

Great job on your birthday cake Caleb! Happy Birthday!!! He's always been and always will be so cute. I just love that guy.

Sara said...

That cake looks amazing, Suz! Obviously one of your delicious confections.
It's hard to believe it's already been one year, and that he's not a little baby anymore. He was so amazingly precious, and of course, he still is!

Snooze said...

Aww.. thanks everyone.