Tuesday, January 12, 2010

So, you just push a button?

Wow, I can lift it with one finger - and the rollers don't come out of the track either!
Mike, the garage door guy, was impressed with what cat pee can do to a heavy steel garage door. Now, with all of the cats "out of the way" this new door will stand a chance of survival. Mike had the old one out and the new one installed in a couple of hours.

Then it was my turn.
I read the novel --er, instruction book and spread out the parts for the wonderful new opener. Mom and I worked together to get the motor and chain drive up before she left for the F. H. library. Then I ran the wires and put the garage back together. It all works! Push the button - door goes up - push the button - door goes down.

Evening view from the inside


Scenic view of the 3/4 hp drive motor


It is raining like crazy tonight but you will notice that we got the wide panel model. Tomorrow I am installing new wiring for the motor and several 4 ft. garage lights.

What a great gift - Thank you to all of you!

2 comments:

Ali said...

AMAZING - I like the long 4 panel look. I can't wait for you guys to get to enjoy the joy and excitement of a garage door opener, and for that matter a garage door that will open without super human strength!

Snooze said...

WooHoo! Looks great! I hope it works well.