Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy Anniversary Susie and Tyler!

8 Wonderful Years Together!
Can you believe a year after Sara and Lee's wedding, we got to do it all over again?! By this time we were professionals! After spending the summer secretly betrothed to Tyler, and with everyone at the river calling her "Mrs. Wilson", Susie and Tyler were engaged! Everyone freaked out because Susie was just a wee babe of 19 years. Even though Tyler was "the older man", he was young at heart and a perfect match for Susie. I was reading over an old letter Susie sent me from her first year of college at UCSD and she talks a lot about "her friend Tyler" and how they would go work out at RIMAC together. I think their first date may have been some Halloween function and Susie went dressed at "White Trash" (not a far stretch - I mean, she is from El Do Co!). The fact that Tyler knew what her Swan Song necklace was must be an indication that these two were meant for each other.

Luckily Tyler made it to the temple in time for the ceremony (I think he was 45 minutes late - but I have nothing to say on that topic), and they became "SusieandTyler". You guys were so cute! And regardless of the professional pictures, you looked like a couple o' kids in love. I must say that the "Purple Tents" aka the bridesmaids dresses actually were pretty cute. The reception was, again, one for the record books only this time I think we had some actual kitchen help. Of course, we danced the night away in true Steed fashion as we watched the slideshow that Dad made. My favorite part, however, was not on that night but a few nights later when I go to go to the open house in Visalia AND wear the "purple tent". I was so excited - just ask Mom.

Susie and Tyler, after eight years together you two seem just as in love as the day you were married. Your home is a welcoming place full of devotion and generosity - just as your marriage. Here's to another eight years (and more!). Happy Anniversary Susie and Tyler!

2 comments:

Snooze said...

That was the sweetest thing ever, Ali! I love these reminiscences... I can't believe how fast 8 years has gone by. I'm sorry you had to wear the purple tent at the open house.
Great pictures.. though tyler does look extremely gay in the top one (haha!!) - I still love it though.

momsteed said...

Congratulations, Susie and Tyler---and whatever would we do without Ali! I agree---what a lovely and sweet tribute to a great couple.

Swan Song necklace?

And wearing those purple tents gave you character---but I do, truly, apologize for making Ali wear it to the Visalia shindig!

love and hugs,
Mom