Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Nobody Doesn't Like Sara and Lee!

Happy 9th Anniversary Sara and Lee!
It seems like just yesterday that I was at school in Provo when the phone rang. It was Sara calling to ask me if I could drop everything and fly to Los Angeles in two weeks. Whatever for, I thought to myself. Well - I think we all know the answer to that one! Luckily Brett and I did not die on the landing into Las Vegas airport (even though it came mighty close - "Assume the crash position!" "Adjust the rudder! More slack!" "We're goin' down!") and we were able to make it to Sara's first apartment on Zelzah where Susie gave us her honest opinion of Sara's dress ("Hmmm....it's nice!"). Erin and I snuck into Costco behind this old lady who we were pretending to be related to so we could order the sheet cakes. The next day at the temple we made Kevin do laps (he was just a little guy - 12 years old) and we waited for the newlyweds to emerge. Later on at the reception we used the only knife we could fine to perform all the kitchen duties - I've never slathered more cream cheese on ham slices in my life! We danced the night away (K-Ci and Jo Jo anyone?) and filled up on petite quiche, jalapeno poppers and other assorted Costco finds. I won't even bring up the toasts...needless to say it was a wonderful reception and you could tell the love that Sara and Lee had for eachother. I always rememember that time with such fondness.
The nine years that have passed since that day have proven what a great match these two are. Can you believe they had only known eachother for a few months? Sara and Lee your marriage is a incredible model of a true partnership. You are a constant example to me not only with your marriage but with the way you have raised your children. I love you guys!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Anniversary Sara and Lee!!! Feels like it was just yesterday.

Snooze said...

You said it all, Ali! (well, except for the magical green dresses. I think that was on purpose because you hated yours so much). What a great memory, and what an incredible 9 years. They sure have gone by quickly. Congratulations Sara and Lee!! All the best as you embark on the 10th.

Ali said...

I literally forgot about those dresses umtil I read your comment! That memory is stored deep in the recesses of my mond, alomg with most of my freshman year of college. Some things must be forgotten!

Ali said...

Can I apologize for my misspellings in the last comment - It was 4 o'clock in the morning in the dark computer room and I had a sick baby on my lap.

momsteed said...

What a great tribute to a wonderful couple. Thanks for your loving memories, Ali. The dresses were cute! Really! I mean, we had a week to pull it together, as I recall---an amazing week.

All my love and hugs,
Mom